Yes, we can move forward!
We did it! President
Obama won a second term. This is just
awesome. His speech on election night
brought me and the entire nation to tears.
I truly felt like the spirit of the entire campaign was moving through
me, as it was the thousands who were crowded in that Chicago Auditorium. For the first time in months, I woke up this
morning with incredible optimism. I feel
like the world is mine. I woke up
feeling like the only thing holding any of us back is our own pessimism and
self-doubt. As a nation, we have
everything we could possible need in life, and for many of us, we have many of
the things we want. I know that I am
thankful for health, happiness, love, hope, prosperity, sunshine, rain, family,
friends, and forgiveness.
As I took my morning walk through the neighborhood today, I
embraced the views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco bay and I
felt badly about the times I have woken up feeling overwhelmed and
depressed. I thought of the many people
who have never had the chance to visit such a magical place as California and I
gave thanks for being blessed enough to live in such a progressive and
beautiful place.
We live on a street in
a house on a hill that overlooks the gateway to America, a place people crave
to visit and to call home, because of the freedom we have to choose our
leaders, the freedom we have to choose our lifestyles, the freedom we have to
make good and bad decisions. America
represents freedom. President Obama
represents freedom. He represents the
freedom to dream the impossible, chart our course in life, and to follow the
path to our dreams. Thank God for
enabling me to live in such a great nation and to experience such a historic
event, and to make my own decisions and to learn from my every mistake.
Now, it is time to get to work! We have a lot of work to do if we are going to maintain this optimism and spread the spirit of freedom as far and as wide as our dreams take us.
carladenise
No comments:
Post a Comment